Friday, November 7, 2008

Steve - "I'm Bummed" Metal

www.myspace.com/stevesdomain
Steve - "Happiness is, a warm gun :)"
Views - 654
Plays - 655
Friends - ?

On the plus side I really like phaser/flanger...

This is obviously bedroom produced depression metal/rock. Nothing really jumps out, it's essentially non-descript. I do like the little bass tag on "Like a Dog". The only time the music seems to come alive is in the guitar solo(s). Otherwise it is pretty flat. Also, if you're going to sing...sing loud and like you mean it. A lot of the vocals sound like they're really being sung too quietly and then effects are being relied on heavily to "enhance" them.

The intro section of "Nothing Matters" holds promise, but then leans back on the the flat uninteresting riffs and quietly strained vocals that plague these recordings.

Sections of this remind me of a band I think was called "The Obsessed" from the early 90's but his vocals were definitely more whiskey cracked.

Overall not something I could recommend, but I think continued work on song writing and vocal strength could lead Steve to something even happier than a warm gun.

Rating - 3/10

No comments: